Tuesday, March 27, 2012

nail polish nightmare

Yes, there's an interesting story to go along with the title of this entry. Sunday afternoon was spent at my in-laws house celebrating my sister-in-law's 13th birthday. We had cake and sang, then she went outside with her friends and we mainly hung out inside. Matt had to go to work and it was just me and my mother in law, along with Landon, Mady ( 2 1/2) and Zeke (3 yr old brother in law). Sharleen (my mother in law) and I were talking while I rocked Landon to sleep and we noticed the two other kids were awfully quite upstairs. Since Sharleen was holding Landon now, I went upstairs to look for them. They weren't in Zeke's room or the bathroom, or the office or master bedroom. I then went in Sarah's room and didn't see them so I left and shut the door. That's when my brain registered the overwhelming smell of nail polish. I went back in the room and called for the kids and noticed a small door on the side of the room open and Zeke and Madelyn emerged, COVERED!! Zeke's face was completely covered in pink, purple, red and teal nailpolish, covering every speck of natural skin color. Madelyn had a large amount on her cheek, hands, arms and legs. Plus lots of spots in her hair! We didn't know where to start so of course, we took pictures! We needed to get this off the kids and polish remover wasn't working so we threw them in the bath tub, added some olive oil and let them soak for awhile. After about an hour, most of the nail polish was off Madelyn, with the exception of the bit in her hair. We went home, got pj's on and went to bed..... at 9:30pm!!! (only 2 hours after her bed time!) I'm still trying to get it out of her hair but the rest of her is pretty clean now!







No comments:

Post a Comment